The BHU-Telford programme offers training at one of Australasia’s oldest organic farms. During the 37 week’s tuition you can achieve the National Certificate in Horticulture (Level 2) and the Telford Certificate in Organics (Level 3).
What the training will cover:
• Sowing, planting and harvesting organic crops
• Composting and liquid fertilisers
• Soil biology and management
• Plant structure and function
• Organic pest and disease control
• Organic weed identification and management
• Shelter selection, planting and maintenance
• Companion planting
• Basic pruning techniques
• The history and development of Organics in New Zealand
The programme has a good mix of both practical and theory. Our on-farm facilities and equipment coupled with off-farm visits and tuition from a range of experienced tutors, work experience, and workshops provide you with the widest possible knowledge of the industry. Graduates will have acquired a understanding of organic production for use in employment within the horticulture industry or their own gardens and smallholdings.